Kayla wanted to help me write this post! She has been home since Thursday afternoon relaxing and healing and she wanted to make sure everyone is caught up.
A few highlights of the last few days:
- Kayla has still not had a seizure since Tuesday morning! Today is her first day off of the sedative, which she takes to subdue them, but so far, so good.
- The use of her right hand has progressed significantly each day. On Wednesday and Thursday she could barely open it, and this morning she was wiggling her fingers and can even point with one finger. Check it out - https://vine.co/v/hOJQuTpibUL
- Kayla's language has been up and down over the past few days, mostly due to the combination of swelling and medication. She loves to talk, so this has been the only area of frustration for her. Still, it has improved day by day and has even provided a few laughs for her too.
- Her relaxation at home has included visits from family and friends, watching movies (especially Pitch Perfect), and plenty of sleeping.
- Kayla's attitude continues to be nothing short of incredible. That smile that we all know and love remains painted on her face.
- Kayla wants you all to know how truly grateful she is to have such an amazing support system. She wants to sincerely thank everyone who has been in touch and those who have sent flowers, cards, gifts, and, of course, chocolate.
Here are some pictures from the past few days
Kayla had a few visitors to make her last morning at Hershey an easy one. She was happy to be heading home though.
Her ride home was very comfortable, as you can see!
She arrived home to flowers, balloons, and even a huge welcome home banner made by her Uncle Roland and cousin Mindy!
Kayla had a number of visitors, including her future puppy, Gilly. She plans to bring Gilly home later this week once the next steps of her recovery are figured out.
She also finally got to shower and clean up!
Kayla loves all of her gifts! She is so thankful.
Last night before going to sleep...can you tell she loves purple?
This coming week, Kayla has a tentative check up scheduled for Tuesday with her neurosurgeon in Hershey. We expect the biopsy results around then as well.
Thank you for keeping Kayla in your thoughts and prayers! She continues to amaze us.