Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just a short update! PSU VS. Syracuse

Thursday, I met with the radio- oncologist. We still don't have an exact date on when it'll start because we have one test to come back. Other behind the scenes work are occurring now like a physicist is working on the angles of which the radiation will hit where the tumor was. All very interesting things! I also got a mask set for my radiation. It looks like a basketball net shaped tightly to my face. You can talk and breathe with it on though so it's just there!

I am so excited to say that I feel well enough to go to the Penn State / Syracuse game today! I am on my way as I write this actually! We weren't 100% sure if I would feel up to it, but I'm going to give it a try! A true Penn Stater :p I won't push myself by any means if I don't feel well!  

I padded a baseball hat with gauze and brought ear plugs to reduce the noise level. It won't be quite the same as the shivering, crowd shaking, student section, but I know that being back watching the team in action will make me smile. No matter the outcome on the score board! (a win would make the smile a whole lot larger though). 

Ill keep everyone posted on how the day goes overall on Monday! I'm so excited to see all my friends too. I hope everyone has a great day. :) wish me luck with my ear plugs because I heard those penn state fans can get rowdy ;)

WE ARE....  


2 comments:

  1. Have fun Kayla! Ps! I hope that physicist is showing you those formulas ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you felt well enough to go and a WIN too. Now rest up and pleasant dreams.<3

    ReplyDelete